On Jan. 13, 2016, Newburgh Heights Mayor Trevor K. Elkins(link is external) was elected by the Cuyahoga County Mayors and Managers Association to fill the seat of Euclid Mayor Bill Cervenik, who retired.
- March 1, 2016, Sworn in as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA).
Public-sector experience, elected
- 2012-Present, Mayor, Village of Newburgh Height(link is external)s. Supervises 60+ employees and $3.9 million annual budget.
- 2008-2011, Clerk-Treasurer (Fiscal Officer), Clerk of Council, Village of Newburgh Heights.
- 2005-2007, Council-at-large, Village of Newburgh Heights.
Public-sector experience, appointed
- 2010-2015, Assistant Clerk (Fiscal Officer), Village of Cuyahoga Heights..
- 2005-2009, Senior Account Executive, Everstaff LLC(link is external)
Professional and community organizations
- Kiwanis(link is external)
- Government Finance Officers Association(link is external)
- Ohio Municipal League(link is external)
- Cuyahoga County Mayors & Managers Association(link is external)
- American Legion Post 627, Sons of the American Legion(link is external)
- Completing final senior-level coursework toward earning a Bachelor of Arts degee in Humanities at Ursuline College.